What is Guided Wealth Portfolio?
Whether you’re saving for retirement, saving for a major purchase or just investing in general, GWP is a simple easy way to start investing today. GWP gives you access to our advisors at Redwood, in addition to the convenience of investing online.
Planning for retirement earlier can help you better prepare for your future. Even if retirement feels like a long way off, starting to save now can make a big impact on your future. While you may not be earning as much now as you will later in life, even small contributions to a retirement savings account can potentially go a long way toward building a larger account later. GWP is a simple, easy way to start today.
How It’s Different
Many automated investing platforms don’t offer access to a real advisor. With GWP, you have access to our advisors in addition to the convenience of investing online. As your advisors, we’re available to help you understand your portfolio performance and answer any questions you have.
We’re here to: Review your portfolio, help you understand your portfolio performance, answer investment questions.
Our advisors at Redwood Financial have 70+ combined years of experience guiding our clients through the journey of financial planning. Our collective goal to increase your confidence in your financial journey.
GWP is backed by the experienced LPL Research team, uses cutting-edge technology, and tracks your investment progress online daily. The intuitive technology provides personalized insights to help you improve your portfolio and review your progress toward your goals.
GWP is a great tool whether you want to monitor and track your progress or simply set it and forget it, and rely on GWP to keep up with your investments.
The platform utilizes the following features:
- Free Proposal: When you sign up for GWP, you will receive a portfolio analysis. Simply complete a short Investment Profile Questionnaire to receive your own research-backed, personalized guidance.This free analysis will provide personalized, sample recommendations to help you potentially improve your portfolio and get started investing today.
- Account Sync: Aggregate all your existing investment accounts so you can see where you’re at today. You can see an overview of all your investment accounts in one place, and combine all of your household accounts for one cohesive strategy.
- Personalized Portfolio: Based on your goals, investing time horizon, and risk preferences, you’ll receive an investment allocation and roadmap (personalized sample recommendations) designed to help you pursue your objectives and potentially improve your investment portfolio. As you get closer to retirement, your allocations will gradually change to match your place in life. You can also use this section to compare your current portfolio to your potential GWP portfolio.
- Nine Best Practices Insights – See how many of our Nine Best Practices of investing you’re currently doing and how you could potentially improve your portfolio by following the practices.
- Diversify your portfolio to help manage risk and potentially maximize returns
- Minimize your investment fees
- Invest idle cash
- Evaluate your employee-sponsored retirement plan options
- Take strategic advantage of accounts like 401(k)s, Roth IRAs, and 403(b)s where your investments can grow tax-deferred
- Benefit from tax-loss harvesting strategies that can potentially reduce your taxes
- Save 10-20% of your income
- Allocate earnings into a 401(k) plan to save on taxes
- Invest into a Roth IRA account to take advantage of tax-deferred growth
- Automatic Updates and Monitoring: When you sign up for a GWP account, you can track progress on your dashboard daily, and keep your portfolio on track as markets move with GWP’s consistent monitoring and rebalancing. This automatic rebalancing will help keep your portfolio lined up with your goals.
- Potential Tax Savings: Benefit from tax-efficient strategies to potentially save on taxes.
- Tax-efficient investing: Through advanced asset analysis, we’ll allocate your assets in a tax-efficient manner, and evaluate the tax impact of each trade before it goes through.
- Tax-loss harvesting: If an investment experiences a loss, we may sell it to offset taxable gains in your portfolio. The investments sold are replaced by similar investments to maintain your asset allocation, so you get tax benefits while keeping a properly diversified portfolio.
Signing up for GWP is easy. It only takes a few minutes to set up GWP, and it’s all online, so you won’t need to spend a lot of time on paperwork. You’ll start by entering an email address and password and then completing an investor profile questionnaire to let us know what your investing goals and preferences are.
After completing the questionnaire, you can select which existing accounts you want to bring into GWP. Fill out a short form to provide us with some basic information. Get an account lined up with your goals and retirement timeline. Open an account without ever leaving your house.
GWP offers cost-effective investing options. The fee for the GWP is 1.00% of your account with us. To keep costs down, the GWP portfolios are made up of low-cost, exchange-traded funds, otherwise known as ETFs. GWP is a great way for you to start investing for retirement without a large starting balance. You can start investing for retirement with GWP with just $5,000. In many cases, you wouldn’t have access to a personal financial advisor unless you had a much larger starting balance. You can start with a one-time investment amount, or you can easily set up your account to make monthly, automatic contributions.
Online investing, personalized for you
Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP) is our digital investing solution that allows you to invest online with a low starting minimum and low-cost, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) while working with a personal wealth advisor. Whereas other, similar solutions, called “robo advisors,” often require a large investment amount before granting access to a dedicated financial advisor, our solution allows you to start with only $5,000.*
What You Get
With GWP, you get a diversified portfolio personalized for you and your individual investment goals. It is an innovative way to invest for your future, whether you want to invest for retirement or a major purchase like a new home—or simply want to get your money in the markets so it’s not sitting idle. You’ll also get to build a relationship with our wealth advisors and engage with a personalized, online dashboard that shows you how your account is doing along the way.
Personalized road map
Based on your goals, investing time horizon, and risk preferences, you’ll receive an investment allocation and road map designed to help you pursue your objectives. As you get closer to retirement, your allocations will gradually change.
By considering your retirement objectives and investments, our analysis allows you to work toward your investment goals.
Your portfolio is monitored daily, keeping it on track as markets move and rebalancing it as needed.
If an investment experiences a loss, we may sell it to offset taxable gains in your portfolio. The investments sold are replaced by similar investments to maintain your asset allocation, so you get tax benefits while keeping a properly diversified portfolio.
Financial advice – Additional Help At No Extra Cost
- We can help you set realistic financial and retirement goals.
- We can help you prioritize those goals.
- We can help you formalize your goals by putting them in writing.
- We can help you review your plan annually, or when life changes occur.
- We can help you to think of solutions you may be unaware of.
- We can help you review life and disability insurances you may carry.
- We can remind you of important tasks you need to accomplish.
- We can help you determine which type of account(s) may be most appropriate for your financial needs.
- We can help you keep track of your IRA contribution or Required Minimum Distributions.
- We can provide referrals to other professionals (attorneys, accountants, etc.)
- We can review beneficiaries with you.
- We can review and monitor life changes with you.
- We can show you how to turn your investment into lifetime income.
- We can help you monitor your investments.
- We can help you stay up to date with current market conditions.
- We can help you to consolidate and simplify your investments.
- You will have access to your accounts online.
How It Works
- Provide an email address and choose a password so your information is protected.
- Answer a few simple questions to tell us a little bit about you, so we can determine what your portfolio should be.
- Answer some questions about how you feel about taking on risk when investing, so we can determine your investment preferences.
- Get a personalized portfolio that outlines our recommended investment strategy and how much you could potentially earn through Guided Wealth Portfolios.
If you like what you see and want to begin working with us while enjoying the convenience of online investing, you can choose to open an account immediately. You’ll have the option to transfer an existing investment account or fund your account with cash—it’s just that easy.
We implement your personal portfolio using proven diversification techniques and sophisticated algorithms. You’ll receive allocations designed for you and your savings goals, and benefit from trading techniques that can help reduce taxes. Your portfolio is monitored daily, keeping it on track as markets move, and rebalancing it as needed.
*An annual small account fee is applied to accounts with less than $10,000 invested. Additional fees will apply.
What Keeps You Up At Night?
If you are asking yourself any of these questions, you are not alone. We can assist you address many of the issues that may worry you.
- Will my money last through retirement?
- Do I need long-term care insurance?
- What are my retirement investment options?
- How do I manage all my retirement plans?
- What should I consider before claiming Social Security?
- What should I do with my employer retirement plan?
- Since I am retiring soon, what do I need to do now?
- How much should I save for college? When should I start planning?
- Will I qualify for financial aid? Where do I start?
- What are my college savings options?
- How do we manage our finances after getting married?
- What happens to my 401(k) when I change jobs?
- What are my options if I am laid off?
- I am getting divorced. What happens to my assets?
- How do I help my recent college grad transition into the workforce?
- What do I do when a loved one dies?
- How does Medicare work?
- What should I look for in a nursing home?
- How do I cope with Alzheimer’s disease?
- What happens if I have to care for my parents?
- What should I know about estate planning?
- How do I protect my estate from taxes?
- Will my family be secure if something happens to me?
- How do I create a legacy for my children?
- Can I provide for my favorite charity when I am gone?
- What will my survivors need to know?
- How do I keep my records safe and organized?
- How do I do a better job budgeting? How do I reduce my debt?
- How do I teach little kids about money?
- How do I help a young adult establish a financial strategy?
- How do I have financial discussions with family?
IMPORTANT: The projections or other information generated by Guided Wealth Portfolios regarding the likelihood of various investment outcomes are hypothetical in nature, do not reflect actual investment results and are not guarantees of future results. Results may vary with each use and over time.
Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP) is a centrally managed, algorithm-based, investment program sponsored by LPL Financial LLC (LPL). GWP uses proprietary, automated, computer algorithms of FutureAdvisor to generate investment recommendations based upon model portfolios constructed by LPL. FutureAdvisor and LPL are nonaffiliated entities.
If you are receiving advisory services in GWP from a separately registered investment advisor firm other than LPL or FutureAdvisor, LPL and FutureAdvisor are not affiliates of such advisor. Both LPL and FutureAdvisor are investment advisors registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
All investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss. There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
References to tax strategies that the GWP service investment management considers in managing accounts should not be confused with tax advice. LPL Financial does not provide tax advice. Clients should consult with their personal tax advisors regarding the tax consequences of investing.